Monday 18 March 2013

Learning a bit o' PHP!

The past few days I just could not get my contact form to submit to my email. I thought about it and realised that I've never been able to get it to work. But since this project is for a real life client, it's important it actually functions as planned.
 
I researched into ways of getting the form to submit, and decided to use PHP. NOTE: I haven't used PHP before!
 
It was a bit complicated at first to understand, but it got easier. I followed an example on this site http://www.html-form-guide.com/email-form/php-form-to-email.html and altered the code to suite my html code.
 
After I got it working, it suddenly stopped, and I had no idea why. I spoke to an Advisor on one.com (where the site will be hosted) who said you cannot submit a form to a Hotmail account. Well you can, but it will only let you submit about 15 emails a day. To solve this problem, it must be an email account within the site's domain. So for this client, the email I will be using is info@adoniahairandbeauty.com
 
What I learnt today: PHP isn't as scary as it looks, and I wished I used it throughout the whole site for the layout. It would have been so much easier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment