Thursday 20 January 2011

Interactive - CSS Style Sheets

Last lesson we learned the use of CSS Style Sheets (Cascading Style Sheets). They allow you to control the layout and appearance of the pages easily, i.e. they allow you to set the properties for the whole site, such as background colour, font and font size, links etc… You can assign these properties to the style sheet so they will remain the same throughout the site, or you can enter the code in the main body of each page.
I have used these briefly at college, but did not really understand them. This lesson proved to be helpful as I now have a deeper understanding on how they function.
I have started to create mock-ups of my portfolio site. Below is my Home Page (so far!), but I don't think I like it. I'll update when I've made changes!


No comments:

Post a Comment