Friday 21 January 2011

Interactive - Home Page (Take 2!)

In the last Interactive session, I decided to re-design the Home Page of my online portfolio. However, before doing so, I carried out research into current online portfolios. Below are three examples which I found appealing:







By looking at current examples of online portfolios, including the ones shown above, I have noticed that the majority of them use a dark coloured background. I have decided to follow this colour scheme and will also use a dark coloured background. Out of all the examples I researched, the one that has really stood out and made an impact is the third image above. The reason for this is the simplicity of the page on a whole. The usability of the site is simple, i.e. the navigation is clearly displayed. The person's name is also clearly visable, which is very important. For these reasons, I have decided to base my Home Page on this site's Home Page.

During the second half of the lesson, I began to create a wireframe, displaying the layout of the page. This can be seen below:




I then created a mock-up of the site in MS Word:


No comments:

Post a Comment